Monday, September 4, 2017

About Me

My name is Sarah Carlson, and I am a senior in high school. I am fortunate enough to have two loving parents, as well as two younger sisters. As we grew up together, our parents forced us to try many different sports, but all three of us always knew deep down that our heart was with dance. We push each other to get better everyday, but at the same time, we are each other's biggest fans.


As I grow into an adult and become more serious about the sport I love, I realize more how big of a part it is in my life. Dancing is something that I have grown up doing, whether it is at my dance studio, on my school team, or just at home by myself.



Without dance, who would I be? My entire life, I have spent hours upon hours working as hard as I can to be the best dancer that I could possibly be. To be completely honest, I don't know where I would be if I didn't have dance to turn to. When I'm bored, I dance. When I'm happy, I dance. When I need a shoulder to cry on, I turn to my dance family, the people I spend hours with every week.



After this final year in high school, dance will not be as big of a part of my life as it is now. I am going to miss it, but I will always have the memories of all the hard work I have put in, as well as all of the accomplishments I have made with the people closest to me. I am who I am today because of these memories, and I want to be able to cherish them for the rest of my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment